Posted in Cultural and historical monuments
The Archbishopric of the City of Bar is situated in this church. The archbishopric was founded in 1089, which was confirmed by Pope Clement III by sending the Palij (mantle) to the Archbishop of Duklja.
Thus, three bishoprics were subjugated to his power (comprising Bar, Kotor, Ulcinj, Svač, Skadar, Drivostu, Pilot), as well as the countries of Serbia, Bosnia and Travunija. The Archbishop was given the title of Primas Serbiae.