is one of the most significant monuments in Montenegro. Ruins of the monastery with the church dedicated to the Assumption of the Mother of God, are located near Ostros, on the shores of Skadar Lake. The church was first mentioned at the end of the 10th century, in “The Chronicle of Priest Dukljan”. The monastery was founded by Duke Vladimir, well known from the legend about his tragic love with the beautiful Kosara, daughter of the Macedonian Tsar Samuilo. For a while, the monastery was the residence of the archbishop of Zeta. At the end of the 16th century, it was completely destroyed. In its vicinity, in the place called Ostros, there is a well from the year 1001, which is still used for supplying water to the inhabitants of local villages.